Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Have Never Walked Alone

My personal faith journey began with the guidance and modeling from my parents. When given the opportunity to choose my own path, I choose to attend a religious based college. It was in college that my faith journey began to evolve and become a personal relationship with God. My religion and philosophy classes became as important to me as my core classes.

Throughout the years since college, my faith and personal relationship with God has sustained me on a daily basis. I have continued to find ways to further explore and achieve greater understanding. I have enjoyed bible study groups, attending weekly services, individual readings, participation in church activities and discussions with both believers and non-believers.

The past year and a half however, a series of events has tested my faith and belief in God. Some people have looked at my life and asked how I find the strength to keep going. Other people in similar situations would turn away from God, believing that no grand being would cause such pain. I however, have found continued strength stemming from my faith. I see signs of God working in my life every day even in the darkest hours. These small gifts from God, call them miracles if you wish, give me the strength to keep loving and laughing. I see God in the kindness of a friend, in the actions of a stranger, in a needed hug from one of my children or a well timed phone call from family.

The path in front of me is still unclear, but I know that with prayer and God’s help, there is very little of this world that I cannot handle. I have learned that the sun always shines after the storm and laughter will always follow tears and it is in the moments of sunshine and laughter that we can know God is with us during the storm and the tears. I am a better person today than I was a year ago; I have grown in my relationship with God, as a human being, as a parent, as a daughter and as a spouse. I have been the beneficiary of pure kindness and seen Christ like people that have become models that I will strive to emulate. I can only hope that I can live up to the standards that they set in front of me and can someday be the person who touches and affects someone else so deeply and profoundly.

I am uncertain of what tomorrow will bring, whether it be tears or laughter, but I do know that with God walking with me there is nothing that we cannot get through. The lessons I have learned are part of a larger plan that I am gladly volunteering for. I will continue learning, seeking understanding and serving as the road unfolds ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment