Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Family Reunited

So much has happened since my last post, that I have not had a chance to put all my thoughts down in writing.  We counted down the last month and I drove to Virginia to pick up my husband on his release date and bring him home. 

I really want to put everything down for everyone, all the anxiety and anticipation of the release, as well as the actual release experience.  The Bureau makes sure that they hold all the power until the very last possible moment.  So I think that it is necessary to try and post my thoughts in chronological order.  That will begin in the next day or so.  I did just want to update everyone and let you all know that we are one family under one roof, not without some awkwardness and noticeable silence, but times of normalcy and family like experiences again.  Times of laughter and private tears, but healing the wounds and trying to bring the family back together. 

We are now dealing with the job hunt and following the rules of federal supervision.  Again, more hurdles but they seem manageable at this point in time.  There have been "public" appearances in the neighborhood and some of the rumors that he is home have already started, doesn't take long in a small town, but so far things have been quiet. 

There is so much more to add, since this is not the end of our story.  It is just the next phase of an unusual journey.  More prayers, more healing and moving beyond our past is yet to come.

4 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog and I'm happy that your family is starting the process to heal. I have experienced two people close to me who has been battling with the system (in the past two years) due to being incarcerated. Your blog brings hope. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been folowing your blog. My husband has been incarcerated for 6 months now with almost 4 years to go. This is just the beginning of our journey. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings on YOUR journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings. It has been a long time since we met on the streets of NYC at the Outside the Cell seminar. I am happy I found your blog again and that your husband is home. Let the healing truly begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for your family...although I know that you are just transitioning to a new step of the journey that cannot be underestimated in its own difficulty. We are counting down to my own husband's release in October, after he will have served 34 months. I've been reading your blog since before he went in and want to say "thank you" for all you've shared that has helped me feel less alone.

    ReplyDelete