Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Friday, April 16, 2010

Energized

Feeling empowered lately, but the thanks for that goes to my Group.  We are a bunch of family members who are upset by the current legal system, punishments assigned to some crimes, and the disparity between federal and state sentences.  Our numbers are growing and that tells me that I am NOT alone.  I feel blessed to have these wonderful people in my life now and look upon them as part of the silver lining.  The only thing we all have in common is the situation of our loved ones, none of us knew each other prior to six months ago.

I had decided that if I could not find a support group for myself I would start one and it is with the first phone call to try to find others that I found out this group had recently started.  I had only missed 1 meeting.  As far as we know we are the only organized group in the county. They are parents, spouses and children who are looking to fight the system.  We have sent out letters to the Judicial Review Committee, national politicians and have already met with some of our local Congressmen. 

It feels good to direct my energy in a positive direction.  I wish there was a group out there for everyone going through this.  Being in a room with people who have walked in your shoes and make no judgements is a humbling feeling and leaves you with such a feeling of warmth and belonging that I can not begin to verbalize how great it really is.

Not sure any of it will get my husband home earlier but I know it will help some family in the future not go through the same things that we have all had to endure, and that thought keeps me going and going and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment