Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Monday, June 1, 2009

Another Rough Patch

Just when the sun starts to come out another storm manages to blow through. Where to begin? It all started with good news...my husband's Aunt (although she is much closer in age to my husband than his father) called to offer to drive me and my kids down to Virginia in July to see my husband. What great news! The kids were excited and so was I, seemed like things were finally getting better.

But wait...Wednesday my daughter called me at work to tell me that all the electricity was off and there was a note saying that the electric company had shut it off. How? I had paid the minimum to avoid shut off by the date on my notice. "You still owe us more money so we can" was the response I was given. "We can not do a repayment plan because your husbands name is on the account, we can only offer a plan to him". Good luck with that. I had to pay the entire amount due to get the electric turned back on. Two days before pay day...do you think I had any money?...no! A friend ended up paying the balance for me, my miracle for the day, oh, but it will take 24 hours to turn the power back on.

All the circuits needed to be off to switch the power back on, but I had no idea what time they would come through so I left the refrigerator switch on. Well, Thursday my daughter calls again to tell me that the electric is still not on and that they left another note saying they could not turn it on because all the switches were not off. Another call, another request and another 24 hours before restoration of power. Well, it pays to have a few friends (and I have a few...not as many as before...but the ones left are great), a friend called his friend who works for the electric company and my electric was turned back on. Hurrah! My miracle for that day.

Did I mention that in the middle of all this was my wedding anniversary, 18 years this year. I got a card from my husband and a friend. That was it, nothing from my family or his. Tell me how you really feel.

Met with my counselor, no public services for me, I make too much for aid but not enough to live go figure. I did get some funds to replace all the spoiled food though, miracle number 3.

Hang on tight because miracle number 4 is a big one. A friend got HIS church group (not my church) to buy me a brand new clothes washer. It not used, not a reconditioned unit, but a brand new washer. They brought it over this past weekend and I got to spend the weekend doing tons of laundry and boy was I ever happy. Who would have thought that a new clothes washer would be a miracle but when you have been going to the laundromat for 6 months with 3 active kids, it is a life saver.

I continue to count my miracles but for the short term the storm clouds are still lingering overhead. I have made it this far, I should be able to keep going...?????

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joing the Roar for Freedom Forum, I hope it helps to know there are others who care. This is a very moving post...please keep strong in spirit, you have a great heart.

    ReplyDelete