Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Calm Seas Ahead

Seems that we have reached a point where things have settled into a routine. The daily activities of living, working and raising a family continue. Grateful that everyday I have the opportunity to wake up, spend time with my children, learn and grow, and continue to strive to be a better person.

Phone calls and letters continue to keep us connected to my husband. Some family continues to offer whatever they can, and I can now start to repay some of the kindnesses shown to me by my friends. Being there for them when they need my help, or offering a shoulder when things are not going so well. I am not sure I could ever repay everyone who has helped me in some form or another, but part of that goal is a "pay it forward" type of idea. Help someone else as others have helped me. Some people may not even know that they were a help or that they made a difference in our lives when we needed them. How do you say thank you to a perfect stranger that you will never see again?

Everyone is still seeing a counselor, because everyday some new thing happens that triggers some new emotions or anxiety, but things seem more manageable these days. It is still a struggle but life is always a struggle, it is just a level of degrees.

Some times it feels that time is dragging by, but other times it feels that this time is only a small blip on the screen of our lifetime here. Putting and keeping things in perspective is what keeps us sane and on the right path, others can be the ones to point out the correct direction as well as try to lead you off in the opposite direction.

Life is a balancing act and finding the right balance is something we all strive for. It is that one thing that gets thrown at you that throws the whole balance off and then how quickly can we right the scales becomes our short term goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment