Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Custom Search

Recommended Reading

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thank You for Your Inspiration

After all that has happened, I am a firm believer that people are put in our lives for a reason.  I don't care what argument you would have against such a belief, or if you would try to argue that everything is a big random ball of coincidence.  I am not buying.

I started writing this blog because I could not find the support, or people in my shoes who were willing to share with me their stories.  I wanted to talk to people who might be able to guide me along this path but was not finding them out there.  I quickly learned that people in my shoes are afraid.  They live in fear of being found out, or being associated with someone society looks down upon.  They are also fearful for the safety of their loved one.  Retaliation is a daily fear for many whose names are published on a public list of offenders.  So many people choose to stay quiet and not speak out.  They are quiet about their experiences and quiet about fighting the injustices of this system.

I read once that we are put through our experiences to learn from them so we could help others through those same experiences.  I like the way that idea sounded.  We have family that we learn from.  Older siblings that teach use what to do and what not to do.  Our friends show us experiences we might not have had without them.  We model our parenting from how we ourselves were parented.  So if I could not find those to help me, then I could at least help those behind me.  

Over the years, with every entry and as days pass, I still find myself amazed and surprised by the timing of your comments.  I have written about the joys and the sorrows that we have all been through and the difficulties that the system imposes upon us needlessly.  I, too have good days and bad days.  Days when I have lost hope and days when the future looks bright.  But it is in the timing of the comments that reinforces to me that we are all there for each other.  Just when I am going through I bad time, thinking things will not get any better, I get a new comment from someone thanking me for what I write.  Someone new who is just starting the process, who has no idea what lies ahead or how they will handle it.  Suddenly I am uplifted.  Things are not as bad as I thought and maybe not a bleak.  Both the positivity of the comments and the reminder that I have made it this far remind me that we all have so much to be thankful for everyday. 

So I wanted to take the time to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read and comment.  Many of the comments I have tried to respond to and many of you that have e-mailed me as well.  Know that your comments are read not only by me but by others who value what you have to say and may just be the light of my day just when I need it the most.  You are my inspiration...THANK YOU.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say thank you for posting this blog. I am tryimg to find it in myself to not care what other people think about being in love with an inmate..I have a great friend thats locked up and will be in there for a while.never go wothout talking to him and writing him but have not gotten to see him yet since hes been locked up. I want to continue our close friendship and hopefully wjen he gets out there can be more. I am just trying to find the way to tell my family without them judging me. Thanks for the inspiring words. Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog entry about where are all the angry people certainly hits home with me.

    I look at the nightmare that I and the person I am trying to help have been forced to live and endure for the past four years and yes, I too wonder.

    But then I also know how easy it is to become a target for retaliation by those in government who have taken on the belief that they are God and can do whatever they please, but this exists because we cave into silence and fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this blog. Its been one year this week & the pain is just as fresh as if it just happened. Much of what im feeling, you are writing about. Thank you so much.

      Delete